Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Introduction



A child called "It" was based on a true story on severe child abuse. This is the story of Dave Pelzer; he was brutally beaten and even starved by his alcoholic mother, Catherine Roerva. She would supposedly play games with him but these were no common games- most left him near death. She had no longer considered him as a son, but like her slave! She would not call him boy but “it”.
     He even slept in the basement in a really ugly bed. She wouldn't really feed him she would give him scraps! That’s not even the bad part.. she gave him the scraps that the dogs didn’t want. Nobody knew this was happening to him he had no one to tell or turn to. The thing that kept him alive was “dreams”. Dreaming was what gave him hope! The reason why I chose Catherine is because her actions are unknown! Her personality and actions are unlike any other mother this is another reason why I chose her.

16 comments:

  1. Your blog was interesting it would really shows a really sad story not bad at all

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you really explained the story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. and you put on one that only mad even mad

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You messed up were you said that the argument only mad her even mad and at the last post. It was still a good book, but it was a very sad book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I liked how you really explained the story. I also like how you you made it as interesting as possible without totally ruining the book. you have some grammar mistakes though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. well it have a great introduction. I would like to read that book. Good book and what mean ..... mother she doesnt deserve a kid like that one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You described the book very well. Just be careful with the grammar.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like how you explained the novel thoroughly, its very interesting. Other than that you had just a few grammar errors. Keep Up T!he Good Work

    ReplyDelete
  10. Boring!! I'm just kidding. It's very sad how her mom hit him. You made a mistake though like Jose Romero said, "watch your grammer." Anyways, I liked how you explained your book. I would like to read it someday too. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It was very interisting but you talked about the samething. You talked about the samething in a diffrent way everytime.I would still read the book.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This book sounds interesting although you did repeat some details. This sounds like a sad book. Do you know if there will be a movie in the future?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well this book sounds interesting to read. Although repeated some things over, and also made some few mistakes like Megan and Jose said, But other than that it seems like a cool book to read.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Despicable. Heart hurting story. I read the book once and now reading it again. The first time I read it I didn't cry, but this around, it has brought tears to my eyes. No child should ever have to go through anything of such. My mother is no saint and some instances I felt his pain. I am so sorry that this happened to him and so happy to see him smile and that he made it through his dreams and determination.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this book. I cry threw half the story. What hurts my heart is the fact a mother would do such horrid things to her child. Dave Pelzer you are an extraordinary man .

    ReplyDelete